PM Modi Calls the People to Ignite Darkness

PM Modi sent a video message to all the people of India inviting them to ignite the darkness caused by the pandemic corona virus.

Indian PM delivered a message to his people on Friday regarding the disaster the whole world is facing now. On his message he has invited all the people to ignite the darkness of corona with candles. He has requested all the people to switch off all the lights from their houses on 5th April, Sunday at 9.00 pm for about 9 minutes. People can light a candle, or switch on moblie’s flashlight as a mark to fight against corona pandemic. He has asked them not to gather in any places but to do these at their doorsteps.

Last Sunday, PM Modi had requested the people to clap as a sign of support towards the brave warriors of health department including the doctors, nurses, police and others who stand in the frontline fighting the novel virus.

The total affected cases in India has raised to more than 2000 as of Friday. In Tamil Nadu, the cases has increased to more than 400. As per the government orders the curfew was not to be extended befyond April 14. Hence severe actions is being proceeded to check the sprPead.

India Corona Toll Hypes

The total cases affected of corona virus hyped to more than 2000 in India on Thursday.

The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare announced lately that the total number of postive cases in India has hyped upto 2069. India has entered the 9th day of its lockdown on Thursday.

The people who attended the Nizamuddin Markaz were highly susceptible for carrying the pandemic virus. From Maharashtra, (which has the highest number of victims of the novel virus) 1062 people attended the Delhi conference. Nearly 890 people were traced so far and steps were taken to locate the rest. Out of them 4 tested positive.

As Tamil Nadu was announced to be highly susceptible for the high virus attack, the number of victims has reached more than 300 overtaking Kerala. Tamil Nadu government has issued ₹1000 to every ration card holder. Severe steps were undertaken to stop the progress of virus.

The greatest threat in India is recorded on Thursday at Dharavi, as the biggest Asian slum sees its first death of a victim of corona virus. A 56 year-old-man died of corona virus. Concerns were raised over the protection of the million people dwelling within the 5km area of Dharavi.

Tokyo Olympics and Paralympics 2020

The dates of the Tokyo Olympics and Paralympics were postponed to 2021 and the confirmed dates were announced.

The International Olympics Committee (IOC) decided that the Olympics will be conducted in the year 2021 in response to the pandemic COVID-19 that is been shaking the whole world. The committee announced that the games will begin on 23 July, 2021. The games will still be called Tokyo 2020.

The Olympics will start on the 23rd of July, 2021 and run upto 8th of August. The Paralympics will start on the 24th of August, 2021 and end by 5th September.

The IOC president, Thomas Bach said that Tokyo 2020 will be like a light at the end of the dark tunnel of pandemic through which the world is travelling. The International Paralympic Committee president, Andrew Parson said that the paralympics games that will happen in Tokyo will be a “global celebration of human resilience and a sensational showcase of sport.”

COVID-19: Toll Rises in India

The toll of corona virus affected people keeps on increasing in India.

The number of people affected with the pandemic is about to reach 1,400 in India. Currently 35 deaths has been recorded in various states. The country has entered the seventh day of the lockdown as on Tuesday.

A group of foreigners who attended the Markaz gathering in Nizamuddin were found to be the victims of virus. 48 such foreigners where located in the North-East district of Delhi in various mosques. Out of the 700 people who attended the meeting, 441 were identified and admitted in isolated wards. Voluntary admission of the rest of the people who attended the meeting were called on by the government as the recognition of the rest who attended the meeting continues.

In the last 24 hours 146 people were newly suspected of the pandemic virus. With this the total toll has increased to 1,397. Reports states that government has no intention of extending the lockdown.

A total of 8,03,313 cases were confirmed worldwide with 1,74,410 cases in USA alone. Italy has a largest number of death counting upto 12,428 followed by Spain having faced about 8,259 deaths.

Source: TOI

Vincent van Gogh’s Painting Stolen

The Dutch master Vincent van Gogh’s painting was stolen from the Dutch museum, Singer Laren.

Courtesy: The Groninger Museum.

The museum was situated just outside the city’s capital Amsterdam. The museum was closed from March 12 following the pandemic announcements. Reports says that the famous painting of van Gough, “The Parsonage Garden at Nuenen in Spring” was stolen in an overnight raid.

Though the alarms went out, the painting was gone before the officials could reach the place. All were shocked when they found only the white panel in place of the grand painting. The thieves were suspected to break the glass window to enter the museum.

The painting was painted during the year 1884 by one of the great Dutch master Vincent van Gogh. The painting depicts a woman in the garden with sparse red-flowered bushe and a church in the background.

COVID-19: India

The number of corona victims has reached upto 900 in India taking the country towards crucial stage.

Image courtesy: Quartz

Government of India is taking several steps to stop the outbreak of corona. PM Modi has announced 21 days lock down shutting down all sort of public gatherings. However, the toll of infected people was increasing gradually.

As on Saturday the toll of affected people increased upto 918. The Ministry of Health amd Family Welfare announced that the death toll has increased upto 19, with Maharashtra having a total of 9 deaths. Maharashta and Kerala have the leading number of affected people upto 180 and 176 respectively.

With regard to fighting the pandemic together, many business men and celebrities are contributing to the PM’s relief fund. Tata group has promised to provide ₹500 crore to fight the pandemic. Sachin Tendulkar made the biggest contribution among the sportsmen of around ₹50 lakhs to fight against the pandemic. Dhoni contributed ₹1 lakh. Akshay Kumar has pledged to donate ₹50 crore to the PM relief fund. Comedy King Kapil Sharma added ₹50 lakhs while Hrithik Roshan provided N95 masks to the BMC workers and caretakers.

NASA: To Send 10.9 Million Names to Mars

NASA’s Mars 2020 mission which is scheduled for the summer has planned to take the 10.9 million names to the red planet.

Image courtesy: Space Centre Houston

NASA was about to send a Perseverance Mars Rover, the central piece of Mars 2020 mission to the red planet, Mars. This spacecraft was scheduled to be sent between July 17 and August 5. With correspondence to this mission, NASA conducted a campaign named “Send your Name to Mars.”

This campaign gained a lot of response and more than ten million people (10,932,295) had send their names. All their names were stenciled in three finger nail sized silicon chips using electron beams which were placarded to the spacecraft. Also 155 essays selected from the finalists of the NASA’s “Name the Rover” contest were also etched in the chip. The winner of the essay contest was Alex Mather, a seventh-grader from Virginia.

Perseverance launcher was estimated to land on Mars by February, 2021. NASA said that they will launch the spacecraft in spite of corona pandemic. The robot, once it reaches Mars will characterize the geology of the planet while searching for the signs of ancient Mars life.

COVID-19

Discourse reaches a fiery stage as Twitter trends with #ChineseVirus19.

WHO has named the corona virus COVID-19, with an intention of not attaching any bias over any countries over the development of the virus. However, as the virus spread begun at China, there was prevailing a general idea as to its origin and a doubt of it being an initiation of biowar.

China has already mentioned its disagreement with other countries blaming them as the source of corona virus. However, this argument surfaced on the internet on Thursday.

Few netizens trended the #ChineseVirus19 on internet blaming China for being the source for spreading the virus. Following this a series of tweets were posted with varied comments. Few netizens requested not to retweet such harsh comments on China.

The Washington Post is condemned for using the term “Chinese Virus” on their newspaper. People recalled the time when China used the term “African Swine Fever” for swine fever.

Covid-19 is still increasing in many countries taking the lives of so many innocent people. Self awareness and self protection looks more important now than any of those heated argument.

COVID-19: Spain Surges above China

The death toll because of the pandemic COVID-19 surges in Spain over China as 738 dies within 24 hours.

On Wednesday, the death toll in Spain is reported to be 738 within 24 hours. The total number of people who lost their lives because of the disease has reached upto 3,434 in Spain. This number has exceeded China where nearly 3,285 deaths were recorded. Italy still remains as the worst affected country with 6,820 deaths.

The top health official Fernando Simon of Spain reported earlier that the country has not yet reached the peak of the outbreak. Unfortunately there are chances for more deaths. Also Prime Minister was about to discuss the issue with the MPs to extend the emergency situation upto two more weeks.

In England, Prince Charles is been tested positive for corona virus. Hence he is isolated and kept under observation. The Indian-American celebrity chef Floyd Cardoz dies of corona in New York on Wednesday. The global death toll is nearing 20,000 as the countries are struggling to keep the spread under check.